Novel Coronavirus Update
Coronavirus Information for Shouldice Patients and Visitors
Shouldice Hospital is closely monitoring the situation with the novel Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV). At this time the Ontario Ministry of Health continues to declare the risk to Ontarians is low. Please visit Ontario.ca/coronavirus for the latest information.
What measures are Shouldice Hospital taking to prevent transmission of the virus?
Enhanced screening of patients and their visitors and friends is being done at the Hospital. This, along with knowing their recent travel history, helps us to quickly identify those who have signs and symptoms of infection.
Information for Hospital Admission Patients
If you are scheduled for surgery and answer "YES" to any of the following questions please call 905-695-4907 before coming to the Hospital:
- Have you traveled to Mainland China in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has travelled to Mainland China in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of 2019-nCoV?
- Are you experiencing any of the following health symptoms:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Full body rash
Information for those attending our Walk-in Clinic and for Hospital visitors
Please do not come to our walk-in clinic, or to the Hospital to visit family or friends, if you answer yes to any of the above questions.
Preventing the spread of respiratory viruses
- Hand hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of infections. Remember to wash your hands:
- When entering or leaving the Hospital and clinic areas
- Before eating or drinking
- After using the washroom
- If your hands become visibly dirty
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve